Saturday - Oncology
The first day of course will focus on solid organ malignancies, arranged by tumour stream with a strong focus on evidence and comprehensive explanations of the fundamentals. Lectures include:
- Breast cancer and familial cancer (cancer genetics)
- Lung cancer and targeted therapies
- GI cancer and cancer screening
- Melanoma and immunotherapy
- Genitourinary cancer and hormonal therapies
- Gynaecological cancers
- Palliative care and symptom management
Sunday - Haematology
Sunday will be dedicated to all things blood, both malignant and non-malignant. Lectures will be arranged by tumour stream, with a focus on the fundamentals of haematology. Lectures will include:
- Chronic leukemias and TKIs
- Acute leukemias
- Allogeneic stem cell transplantation
- Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
- Multiple Myeloma & amyloidosis
- Thrombosis and Bleeding.
- Infections in the immunosuppressed
At the conclusion of each lecture 15 minutes of exam questions will be given by the lecturer, with worked explanations to crystallise the fundamental concepts in Oncology and Haematology.